Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Week 17
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. Seattle Seahawks — Nobody else is dominating opponents like the
Seahawks are right now.
2. Denver Broncos — Their 10-game winning streak makes them the team
to beat in the AFC.
3. New England Patriots — Tom Brady is as driven as ever to win
another Super Bowl.
4. San Francisco 49ers — Losing wide receiver Mario Manningham will
hurt their offense.
5. Atlanta Falcons — You can be skeptical about the playoffs, but
season has been superb.
6. Green Bay Packers — Last season they faded late. This season, they
could be peaking.
7. Cincinnati Bengals — Making playoffs and beating Steelers was huge
step for young team.
8. Baltimore Ravens — Their priority now is to get as healthy as they
can for playoffs.
9. Houston Texans — Their path to the Super Bowl would be helped if
they can clinch No. 1 seed.
10. Washington Redskins — If they can win a seventh straight game,
they will win NFC East.
11. Minnesota Vikings — Making the playoffs would help Adrian
Peterson's MVP chances.
12. Indianapolis Colts — Chuck Pagano is back to work, and his defense
needs his help.
13. Dallas Cowboys — Seems like it often comes down to Week 17 for
14. Chicago Bears — Lovie Smith may need a playoff berth to keep his
15. New York Giants — Another team that has discovered it's difficult
16. St. Louis Rams — Finishing about .500 would be a terrific first
season for Jeff Fisher.
17. Carolina Panthers — Cam Newton has come on, which should help Ron
Rivera keep job.
18. Miami Dolphins — This has been a valuable developmental rookie
year for Ryan Tannehill.
19. New Orleans Saints — They'd like to finish 8-8, after falling
short of expectations.
20. San Diego Chargers — The real action for this franchise will start
after Week 17.
21. Pittsburgh Steelers — Age, injuries, and inconsistent offense
could not be overcome.
22. Cleveland Browns — Doubt if Nick Saban is coming, but Pat Shurmur
could be going.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — This team needs to break habit of coming
undone in December.
24. Detroit Lions — Calvin Johnson is one of the few Lions who didn't
25. Philadelphia Eagles — One last game together for Andy Reid and
26. New York Jets — If Tim Tebow writes another book, Rex Ryan will
27. Buffalo Bills — Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't pan out, and Chan Gailey
could be on way out.
28. Arizona Cardinals — Talk about a team having quarterback issues.
This is Exhibit A.
29. Oakland Raiders — If Dennis Allen returns as coach, he will have
plenty of work to do.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars — This could be Tebow's next stop, but they
have a long list of issues.
31. Tennessee Titans — Even their owner has trouble watching them play
an entire game.
32. Kansas City Chiefs — Here's something to look forward to. The
draft should be exciting.